OUR MISSION is to meet the spiritual and physical needs throughout the city of Nairobi. We do this by creating jobs for widows and single mothers through the trade of sewing and provide the care and protection for the children of these women through education and health care.
The Jacaranda Community is comprised of 5 main branches:
- Jacaranda Creations has created jobs for over 80 women who are widows and single mothers through the trade of sewing. Their skills and creativity are celebrated and their lives are forever changed by the work. When you purchase a handcrafted Creation you are supporting these women, their children and their future because the proceeds go back to the women and provide income – lifting them out of desperation.
- Jacaranda Kids seeks to provide children living in the slums of Nairobi with educational and spiritual opportunity. Our incredible team visits homes and schools of the children to attend to their needs holistically.
- Jacaranda Care was formed to provide medical attention and services to the women and children we support through the employment of Jacaranda Creations.
- Jacaranda Academics is comprised of three main academic centres - Kayole Centre, Kibera Centre and Marurui Centre. Each of these centres range in age from baby classes/nurseries to preschool to primary classes. We created these centres in hopes to break the cycle of poverty and hopelessness.
- Jacaranda Church is a community built on love in action. A contemporary urban church planted in Nairobi that helps form strategic interdenominational partnerships for developing citywide evangelism, worship, youth and children's ministries and work to bridge several denominations and missions organizations within Kenya.